Each changing of the season creates new stressors that can affect the performance of your automobile. Having automotive problems can make you second guess taking that road trip or even a visit to the local swimming hole. What many Portland, Oregon, and Idaho, drivers do is schedule a service appointment at Mac’s Radiator & Automotive Service.
When you schedule any kind of service at Mac’s, they let you know, as a courtesy, if there are any other weak spots in your vehicle that need attention before a failure. Often times, drivers forget to change fluids, fail to top off fluids, or have premature wear in spots that they can’t see. When it comes to summertime problems, it is common for drivers to experience weak batteries, transmission problems, engine stalling, A/C system failures, and overheating.
Keep Spring pollen out of your vehicle is an important goal for any allergy suffers. This year airborne tree pollen is everywhere. The powdery green stuff wreaks havoc with those who are allergic to it, but it can also make a mess of your car, both inside and out.
3 Tips to Protect your Car from Pollen
Here are a few tips to hopefully help you breathe easier, and to protect yourself and your car from pollen.
Clean your Cabin Air Filter
Most cars built since around the year 2000 have an air filter for the interior that can screen out not just pollen and other airborne pollutants. Cabin filters also prevent your heater core and air conditioner from becoming clogged, thereby reducing efficiency. But it’s an easy filter to ignore, especially if [...]
Summer is coming! Now that spring has arrived it’s time to make sure your vehicle is ready for the long hot summer ahead,. Here are some preparations that can help ensure that your summer driving plans go as smoothly as you envision then now.
11 Tips To Get Your Vehicle Ready For Summer Driving
1. Always read the owner’s manual and follow the recommended service schedules.
2. Have hard starts, rough idling, stalling, etc. checked out and repaired before hot weather sets in.
3. Flush and refill the cooling system (radiator) according to the service manual’s recommendations. The level, condition, and concentration of the coolant should be checked periodically.
4. If you are not a do-it-yourselfer, have a professional repair shop such as Mac’s Automotive & Radiator Repair do a proper diagnostic to ensure the problem is corrected
5. The tightness and condition of belts, clamps, and hoses should be checked by a qualified auto technician.
In your engine, valves over each combustion chamber open to allow fresh air in, close during the combustion event, and then other valves open to let out the exhaust. the vehicles timing belt makes all of this happens over and over thousands of times a minute. The timing belt’s critical job is to make sure that all of this happens as it should – at precisely the right time. If the timing is off, your engine won’t run efficiently or maybe not at all – so a good timing belt is essential. If it should break, you could have expensive engine damage.
Ask the trusted service experts at Mac’s when your timing belt is scheduled for replacement.
• Follow your manufactures recommended service schedule Taking the time to read your vehicles owner’s manual will help extend the life of a vehicle. the manual tells you exactly what the people who designed, engineered, and built the vehicle recommend as far as making it last for as long as possible. Then, follow the advice. And if you can’t afford to follow the advice, perhaps you spent too much on the car.
• Fix the little problems, before they turn big Fixing a car’s alignment is an example of taking care of a little problem before it turns into a big problem. If a car owner ignores an alignment problem for long, he or she ultimately adds hundreds of dollars to the repair bill once the problem can no longer be ignored. This [...]
You know that you are supposed to take your car to get an oil change in Portland, OR. But do you know why people are always telling you to get your oil changed or keep up with your oil change services? The key to keeping your car reliable and running it’s best is keeping up with your auto maintenance services, and learning what these auto maintenance services do for your automobile might persuade you to take better care of your car.
What does my car use motor oil for?
The first step to understanding why your car needs it’s oil changed is to understand what motor oil is used for in the first place. Motor oil is used in your vehicle’s engine, and it has several important jobs:
Motor oil protects a vehicle’s engine by lubricating the moving parts
Motor oil keeps critical auto parts in the engine at low temperatures