Summer is coming! Getting your vehicle ready for summer driving
Summer is coming! Now that spring has arrived it’s time to make sure your vehicle is ready for the long hot summer ahead,. Here are some preparations that can help ensure that your summer driving plans go as smoothly as you envision then now.
11 Tips To Get Your Vehicle Ready For Summer Driving
1. Always read the owner’s manual and follow the recommended service schedules.
2. Have hard starts, rough idling, stalling, etc. checked out and repaired before hot weather sets in.
3. Flush and refill the cooling system (radiator) according to the service manual’s recommendations. The level, condition, and concentration of the coolant should be checked periodically.
4. If you are not a do-it-yourselfer, have a professional repair shop such as Mac’s Automotive & Radiator Repair do a proper diagnostic to ensure the problem is corrected
5. The tightness and condition of belts, clamps, and hoses should be checked by a qualified auto technician.
6. Have a marginally operating air conditioner system serviced by a qualified technician to reduce the likelihood of more costly repairs.
7. Change the oil and oil filter as specified in owner’s manual. (Properly dispose of used oil.)
8. Replace other filters (air, fuel, PCV, etc.) as recommended.
9. Check the condition of tires, including the spare. Always check tire pressure when the tires are cold.
10. Inspect all lights and bulbs; replace burned out bulbs.
11. Replace worn wiper blades and keep plenty of washer solvent on hand to combat summer’s dust and insects